Windband Ltd. - Terms & Conditions
Where two prices are listed the first is the Recommended Retail Price suggested by the maker/supplier and the second is our discounted price.
All prices are inclusive of VAT where applicable.
We try to keep our prices up to date but prices listed are subject to alteration without notice. If prices have changed significantly you will be notified and offered the option of confirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it.
Instruments & Accessories on Approval & Our Returns /Cancellation Policy
Instruments and accessories are supplied on approval, returns can be made within seven working days of receipt of goods. Please contact us for a returns number first.
Goods must be:
a) Clearly labelled with the returns number provided by Windband Ltd.
b) Sent back via a postal service that is recorded (i.e. the post is signed for) or trackable online
c) Received by Windband Ltd in an undamaged and fully resalable condition.
d) Buyers are responsible for paying the postage costs of any unwanted item.
NB We are unable to accept the return of music that isn’t faulty or items that have been unsealed e.g. reeds. If you are unsure please ask for advise before ordering.
Damaged or Faulty Items Goods are checked prior to despatch but please let us know as soon as possible if you receive anything faulty or damaged and we will replace the item as a matter of urgency. If you feel the goods have been damaged in transit please retain the packaging and take a photo of the damaged goods in the packaging so that we can make a claim with the post office. If goods are found to be faulty or damaged we will, of course, also refund any reasonable postage costs incurred when returning the items.
Please be aware that if goods are being returned the safe return is the responsibility of the sender. If you need advice please contact our packing department.
Delivery Times & Charges
All music and accessories are sent 2nd Class by Royal Mail. (please note this is not a guarantee of next day delivery) Instruments and items of value are sent by Royal Mail Special Delivery.
Products are despatched on the first day we are open after the order has been placed.
We post on a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. If you require any items more quickly please contact us and we will do our best to help.
International Postage - At the moment our website does not calculate postage costs for countries outside the UK. If you would like to make a purchase, please email us first, and we will send a Paypal invoice.
Finance available on instrument purchases with a balance after deposit over £350.00 by mail order/online or in the shop. Subject to status, please ask for further details. We are lincensed credit brokers.
12 months Interest Free with a deposit of at least 10%.
For example an instrument at £399.00 would work out as a deposit of £39.96 followed by 12 monthly payments of £29.92.
Subject to status, please ask for further details. We are licensed credit brokers."
We will consider taking a woodwind or brass instrument in part exchange. To give you an accurate part exchange value we would need to assess the instrument and have details of which instrument you would like to part exchange against.
AIPS (Assisted Instrument Purchase Scheme)
The Assisted Instrument Purchase Scheme allows parents to buy instruments from any music shop for their children 'VAT free' if the child is receiving tuition in a LEA school. Many of our customers purchase through us in this way and we are very familiar with the schemes.
To comply with HM Custom and Excise rules the following criteria must be satisfied: -
- The student must be in full time education at an LEA School.
- The student must be receiving music tuition at the School or Music Service.
- The instrument must be appropriate for the student's needs.
- The instrument must be portable.
- The instrument must change hands on Educational premises.
If you satisfy the criteria please check with your School or Music Centre that they operate the ´Assisted Instrument Purchase Scheme´. If they do then you may come into our shop and hand pick your own instrument from a large selection, or telephone, and reserve an instrument. Before we can send your instrument to the school we will need an official order from the school or music service.
- All new instruments and some accessories carry a 12 months guarantee.
- Second-hand instruments carry a 3-month guarantee unless they are described as “sold as seen”.
- The customer is responsible for the cost of returning goods for repair under guarantee.
- We reserve the right to repair the instrument ourselves or return it to the manufacturer.
- Our guarantee does not cover plating, lacquer or cracked wood joints, however certain makers may offer replacements, so please contact us. The guarantee will be invalidated if problems have been caused by lack of care.
- We cannot be held liable for, or cover the cost of, repairs done by other repairers.
- Cracked joints will be returned to the manufacturer for their assessment.